In this article, we will review some of the best shoes for security guards that keep you happy and safe in the line of duty. Working a security job comes with many conditions.
The first essential will always have to do with shoes-and the needs are usually pretty high. You will ask to be in an all-black leather shoe, oxford fashion, or even a well-polished boot. Whether you like the design of laces, zippers, high cut, or low cut boots, there is going to be something for you.
If you want to buy high-quality security guard boots, you can buy any of the shoes below.
Here 12 Best Boots For Security Guards :
- 1 Here 12 Best Boots For Security Guards :
- 1.1 1. Bates Men’s Tactical Boot
- 1.2 2. Danner Men’s Lookout Military & Tactical Boot
- 1.3 3. Bates Men’s Ulta-Lites 8″ Tactical Sport Comp Toe Boots For Security Guards
- 1.4 Comfort Features
- 1.5 Safety Features
- 1.6 Durability Features
- 1.7 4. Merrell Work Moab 2 8″ Tactical Response Waterproof Boots For Security Guards
- 1.8 5. Bates Men’s Gx-8 Gore-Tex Waterproof Boots For Security Guards
- 1.9 6. Rockport Women’s Work – More Energy RK465 Work Boot
- 1.10 7. Danner Women’s Prowess Side-Zip Military And Tactical Boot
- 1.11 8. Original Swat Men’s Metro Air 9-Inch – Side-Zip Tactical Boot
- 1.12 9. Magnum Stealth Force 6.0 – men’s Side Zip Boot
- 1.13 10. Maelstrom Men’s Tac Force – Military Tactical Work Boots
- 1.14 11. Skechers For Work Women’s Workshire Peril Boot
- 1.15 12. Under Armour Men’s Valsetz RTS 1.5 With Zipper Boots
Bates Men’s Tactical Boot is another fabulous tactical boot for security guards, tactical teams, and military individuals. It prides itself on remaining one of the most fantastic protective boots with a lightweight feeling. It stands about 8 inches high, offering protection to the ankles.
The boot comprises both leather and nylon in its construction. Therefore, expect it to hold up well in harsh working conditions. Ignore about it being waterproof (frankly, not many boots-even the costly ones- are water-repellent). But it can withstand a few showers.
The region highlights some composite properties for shielding your toes from direct impact when you stumble or something falls on the feet. Like the Smith boot at the top, Bates Men’s Tactical Boot features a fastening Velcro strap and a zipper that leads away the problem associated with using and removing boots.
Thanks to the frame panels to the sides and the heel area, Bates Tactical Boot is massively breathable. The padding on the tongue and collar will provide a comforting hug. On top of that, the EVA midsole confirms you get a fantastic spring out of your boot. If you want to improve comfort a little, swap out the removable insole.
Feature preview :
- Rubber sole
- 8 inches high
- A mix of leather and nylon
- Side zipper and a Velcro strap
- Cushioned removable insert
- EA midsole
- Lightweight cement construction
- Better comfort and support
- Priced from cheap to average varieties-you pick what you want
- Considers toe safety
- An ultra-light model
- Easy to wear or remove
- Tractioned outsole
- They squeak on linoleum flooring
Bates Men’s Tactical Boot has wholly met the demands of deputies, colonels, security guards, and other protection boots lovers. That is why it is freely rated-with various heart-warming reviews. So yes, this is a decent boot that anyone should try out. It is correct to size, so don’t bother buying in a bigger or smaller size.
There is nothing like a waterproof boot. Nonetheless, that should not stop you from something that offers some level of water protection. Now that boot is Danner Men’s Lookout Side-Zip 8″ Black Military & Tactical Boot.
Similar to CAT, Wolverine, and Red Wing, Danner reveres quality over anything. That is why this boot emphasizes practical highlights like moisture-wicking properties, accentuation arch support, and a wider toe box. As you can see, this is a kick that enables you to unleash your most benefits.
For extreme performance, Danner Men’s 8″ Black Military & Tactical Boot features wildland-ready leather. The stitching is perfect, so you don’t have to deal with repairs so soon. Unlike other options in this theme, this boot has an anatomical design that molds to your fit for the best arch comfort.
Several things make this boot rank as one of the most comfortable security guard shoes. The first one is Danner’s fashionable DCS (Danner Comfort System). Furthermore, the dual-density footbed develops the plush feeling further. On top of that, the padding on the collar and tongue is additional-thick.
The large foundation patches on the sides take care of air circulation to minimize overheating. The boot also comes with a top zipper for simple on and off.
Feature Preview :
- A mix of leather and nylon
- Rubber outsole
- Side zipper
- Moisture-wicking properties
- Padding on the tongue and collar
- Danner’s comfort system
- Broader toe box
- Durable leather construction
- Easy on and off
- Offers best-in-class comfort
- Waterproof (not when submerged in water)
- Anatomical design for proper arch support
- Fully breathable
- Some personalities have had problems with the zipper being hard or sliding down
If you are a Danner old-timer, Danner Men’s 8″ Black Military and Tactical Boot might please you. It’s also an appealing choice for those who want nothing short of the best and are not afraid to spend a bit more on sound quality. Nevertheless, this boot is only a few cuts from $100, and we can all agree that’s not a lot given its excellent construction.
No security guard needs to walk for 10 to 12 hours (like they’re used to) on a wet day and face discomfort.
Well, thankfulness to the guys as Bates, these Bates Ultra Lites tactical boots came with breathable mesh linings and ergonomic footbeds. It kept my feet comfy, dry and smelling fresh on those heavy summer days.
Additionally, the boots reached side zips and lace-up closures with a D-ring lacing at the upper shaft. It gave the shoes a great look and made them fit almost perfectly on my feet.
The best way to know you’re about to get a boot for security guards that is protective is by making sure it has a famous outsole.
And This is precisely what I did with these Bates tactical boots as they came with actionable rubber outsoles, which gave me reliable traction on almost all surfaces.
Secondly, the boots came with the so-called Bates DRYGuard waterproofing that gave me that additional-protection layer. Knowing that my feet would be dry even when having to patrol under the rain or when exposed to other liquids.
I was working as a security guard watching a warehouse. As I do, you demand to be all day on your feet walking in all kinds of terrains, which puts lots of stress on your boots that could break them apart pretty quickly.
The good news is that these Bates Ultra-lites tactical boots came manufactured with 100% premium leather and following a contrast welt stitching and brogue trim at sides. These boots a reliable and giving durable structure
Features and Specifications :
- Rubber Sole
- Apron-Toe Work Boot Featuring Contrast Welt Sewing And Brogue Trim On The Sides
- Lace-Up Closure With D-Ring Lacing At Upper Shaft
- 100% Premium Full-Grain And Nubuck Leathers From An Log Silver-Rated Tannery For Comfort And Durability
- Laces Made With 100 Percent Recycled Nylon
- 100 Percent Recycled Pet Breathable Mesh Lining
- Bates Dryguard Waterproofing
- Side Zip For Quick On/Off
Customer Reviews and Scores
Amazon.com has more than 6337 reviews about this product, and they gave it an average of 4.4 out of 5 ratings.
With long times struggling on their feet, security guards need support features to help them avoid thinking awful feet damages at the end of the day.
It is why I loved these Merrell Work Moab. As they came with KINETIC FIT contoured footbeds with arch support and gel cushioning, which made the experience of walking all day on pavement much more comfortable to handle.
Additionally, the boots came with a breathable mesh lining that kept my toes and feet safe and arid in those days I had to work outside. It was sunny and humid.
I can’t support a boot that doesn’t perform the lives of security guards gently.
I’m glad to say that these Merrell Work Moab tactical boots came with comfort features such as YKK side zippers, lace-up closure, and heel pull tabs. That made the experience of using these boots charming and convenient.
I don’t particularly appreciate doing my job as a security guard, knowing that I could slip and injure myself when walking around.
It is why I liked these Merrell tactical boots, given that they had Vibram TCS+ outsoles which delivered me superior traction when walking on slippery surfaces.
Their waterproof layer kept my feet dry and defended me when I had to do my patrolling under therain to make things even more dependable.
Isn’t it the most useful when you see your one hundred dollar pair of tactical shoes remain for many years? I suggest you get a crazy reaction of proudness and achievement.
The great news is that you’re going to enjoy it correctly with these boots. They came manufactured with YKK side zippers and abrasion-resistant rubber toe caps. It made these Merrell boots one of the toughest yet comfortable pairs of tactical boots I’ve ever tested.
Features and Specifications :
- Shaft Measures Approximately 8″ From Arch
- Bellows Tongue Helps Keep Debris Out
- Lace-Up Closure System With Non-Metallic Hardware
- Heavy-Duty Ykk And Reg; Medial Side Zipper With A Hook-And-Loop Strap To Cover Zipper Pull
- Protective, Abrasion-Resistant Rubber Toe Cap
- Heel Pull Tab
- Rubberized Mesh Collar Concerning Added Support And Long-Lasting Durability
- Breathable Mesh Lining Offers A Great In-Shoe Feel
- Kinetic Fit And Trade; Contoured Footbed With Zonal Arch Backing And Heel Cushioning For Daylong Comfort
- M Select and Trade; Dry Waterproof Membrane Holds Feet Protected From Outside Components.
- Vibram Tc5+ Outsole Delivers Traction On Any Surface
- Ripstop Textile Rais To Stand Up To The Toughest Jobs
- Wind Cushioning In The Heels Absorbs Shock And Adds Durability
- Molded Nylon Arch Shank Supplies Flexible Support
- Meets Astm F2413-11 Eh Safety Standards
Customer Reviews and Scores
Amazon.com has more than 80 reviews about this product, and they gave it an average of 4.4 out of 5 ratings.
The best way to ensure that a security guard will go through their day without any pains is by getting boots with proper comfort features.
It is why I loved these Bates GX-8 boots for security guards, as they came with EVA cushioned midsoles. It gave me the support most security guards need when they have to patrol for 10 hours on hard surfaces without any rest.
Additionally, the boots came with a GORE-TEX membrane with a moisture-wicking lining that kept my feet dry and perfuming refreshing during warm and wet days.
The YKK side zippers were also necessary for improving my activity when testing the boots. They made the processes of putting on and taking off the shoes much more accessible.
Patrolling on slippery surfaces is common for security guards, which is why features such as these Bates boots’ slip-resistant outsoles came to much help during the testing period.
I also liked the non-metallic composite toe, which kept my toes protected without reducing the boots’ lightweight structure.
To make things also safer, features such as a waterproof leather membrane that kept my feet dry during rainy days add to specific Bates GX-8 boots.
Security guards hate wasting their hard-earned money, which is why they want to make sure that their next pair of boots is going to last for at least a few years.
It is why I liked the cement construction and reliable YKK zippers, which in combination did not only gave the boots a great look but also a rugged assembly that would last me for years to come, regardless of the level of use I would give to the
Features and Specifications :
- Durable Waterproof Leather And Nylon Upper
- Cushioned Removable Insert And Ethylene Vinyl Acetate Midsole
- Non-Metallic And Polishable Toe
- Built With A Breathable And Waterproof Gore-Tex Membrane With Moisture Wicking Lining That Stands Up To Each Atmosphere To Keep Your Feet Hot And Dry
- Ykk Side Zipper For Simple On And Easy Off Lasts Day After Day
- The Rugged Rubber Slip Resistant Outsole Provides Traction When You Need It Most, And It makes To Last
- Eva Cushioned Midsole
- Cement Construction
Customer Reviews and Scores
There are more than 1105 reviews on Amazon.com about this product at the time of writing. And they have supplied it a 4.3 out of 5 ratings on average.
Rockport builds high quality, heavy-duty women’s work boot that is excellent and perfect for security guards. The shoes are 100% genuine leather, which makes them genuinely long-lasting and have electrical risk protection. They come with a raised heel shank that not only offers rare security but also has confidence enhancements.
This pair of boots will take care of your safety through the exhaustive composite toe cap reinforcement. Flex met additional metatarsal features. Rockport Women’s Work Boot is comfortable to clean with sole outer rubber performed slip and oil resistance.
They are suitable to wear, unlike when the boots are hard to walk on muddy surfaces. These security-friendly boots will never disappoint you when you are wearing them.
- Boots are electrical hazards safe
- No slippage issues, whether on any surface
- Sturdy hence security friendly
- Features beneficial Flex met guard
- It comes with an extra-wide composite shoe cap
- A little bit heavy, according to a user
Danner brand receives recognition worldwide by producing quality shoes for working and excellent craftsmanship in designing this Women’s Prowess Military and Tactical boots with Side-Zip.
This quality boot comes with a raised mid-calf shaft from the arch, ensuring ankle support and lower leg protection. These boots not only have a polishable toe feature but also have a blend of skin and denier nylon with side-zips for comfort adjustment.
They also come with PU footbed cushioning and friction-free EVA midsole for super ease. The outsole emphasizes Danner Tanicus, a material that boosts stability and strength too.
- The side zip allows comfort adjustment
- Polishable toe keeps the shoe shining
- Mid-calf from arch raised shaft offer support
- It comes with PU footbed cushioning for comfort
- Features abrasion-free EVA midsole
- They have a slightly heavier design
- Consumer complains about their pricey nature
Suppose you are the police or a security guard. In that case, the Original SWAT Men’s Metro Air boots are the secret of your protection and support to the nature of your work. The reason why guards prefer these top-quality boots, from the Original SWAT brand. These Boots have a distinctive design capable of moving through a metal detector without raising any notification whatsoever.
They emphasize a polishable leather toe and mixtures of denier nylon and leather higher to enhance durability. This boot is further manufactured with outstanding traction to help the user stay in control on any outside. Midsole cushioning and moisture-wicking artificial liner on the upper improves more comfort.
- Resists water keeping the feet ever dry
- Side zipper for easy slip-on/off
- Passes through a metal detector undetected
- Features stress reduction shock-absorption capability
- Best for military personnel on emergency
- The zipper is not durable
- Comfort can be better
Magnum mark takes credit and fame every day for its condition expression in designing these top-performing tactical boots. It has made so much impact on the lives of police and security guards alike. Stealth force 6.0 tactical boots feature polishable full-grain leather with denier textile nylon overhead for durability and free wind circulation.
Its design with the YKK zipper, flexible sole for excellent traction and support. The boot is an electrical risk with the capability to pass metal detectors without raising alerts.
- Boots come with enhanced durability
- The zipper makes slip-on /off easy
- Cushioning makes comfort excellent
- The raised shank supports the arch
- Designed hazards electrically safely
- It takes some days to break-in.
When it comes to quality and affordability, Maelstrom men’s military and the tactical boot are kings. The heavy-duty boot from the Maelstrom brand comes with a zipper, and the rubber outsole has ideal traction.
The boots come featuring composite toe Strengthening, moisture-wicking, and antibacterial lining to ensure the user’s feet continue dry with real encouragement all the time. The antibacterial lining protects the feet from the foul smell and the possibility of forming fungal infections. Shock-absorbing midsole helps the user lower the impact. That’s why it is an excellent security officer’s shoes.
- It contains moisture removing materials hence dry feet
- Retails at an affordable price
- Features antibacterial lining for smooth airflow
- Leather upper and design ensures durability
- Proper traction outsole for easy control
- Size runs small, hence must size up
- Not easy to break-in
With these fantastic Skechers brand footwear, you have nothing to worry about when it comes to working in any environment, whether dry, muddy, or wet. The support is improved by the Relaxed Fit design and high-quality memory foam cushioning.
They feature a conventional lacing system with metallic apertures. The boots also have tongue padding and shock absorption capacity for enhancing guides when there is an incredible impact. The outsole is fuel resistance and clay resistance too.
- It comes in three color options
- The midsole is excellent shock absorbers enhancing comfort
- The outsole is oil and slips resistance
- Have wide width sizes availability
- Features leather overly sides and heel improving stability
- There are no available options for narrow feet.
Under Armour creates extraordinary security guard work boots. The model Valsetz RTS 1.5 is a prime protective gear for security guards, police, or hikers. The shoes have a lightweight design and fully breathable since they do not have leather but the only textile with excellent mesh.
The artificial leather-made boots are effortless to clean and dry. Moreover, they come in a variety of colors. The shoes feature a micro G EVA midsole. These shoes feature a soft-weight TPU outsole, which is rugged to remain ant slippery on any surface.
- Embraces minimalist comfort
- It comes small with low weights
- The lacing system is speedy
- Available in a variety of colors
- Easy to wash and dry faster
- Not made true to sizes
- Manufactured narrow hence not convenient
You may like :
How to Choose the Best Shoes for Security Guards?
Protection shoes are often produced as “cages” for the feet, which is not a wicked thing in itself. Such a feature offers safety and protection, but seldom can it cause trouble if not used correctly, as is the case of millions of workers universally.
Security guards handle one of the most tasking jobs globally, known even though some people take them for granted. Whether you want to dress corporate with formal shoes or not, as a security officer, you must get the right pair of shoes. With the perfect shoes, you can stay safe while you go about the job of keeping people and precious safe.
Buying the right pair of shoes can be pretty challenging for security guards, as this is one factor that ensures an expert job. With the correct shoes on, you can walk and sprint without sustaining burns. Thus, they require the most suitable shoes made with quality ingredients to take them through their duties. With the different options in the market, this can be a daunting task. However, here are some things to look out for, which can help you choose the proper pair of boots for security guards.
Shoes come in different sizes, and choosing those that fit perfectly is an essence. With the incorrect-sized shoe, you would face some challenges as you go about your task. Getting a poorer pair can make the shoe tight around your feet and cause injuries, including painful sores on your feet.
Thus, it would be pretty helpful to go for shoes’ right size to comfort your feet’ needs. You can hold your feet with tape before fixing an order or try the footwear on in the stores. For officers with wider feet, try to look for footwear brands changed in wide sizes.
The Quality of the Material
The shoe’s material is one crucial factor that helps you determine if they are correct, as the right pairs come with high-quality, durable materials. The kind of material can also tell if your feet can be suitable in the shoes or not. It would help if you watched pout for shoes constructed from breathable and lightweight materials to support you through the long work times.
Lightweight, soft, and breathable shoes can help your feet stay fresh and dry, especially when summer. Thus, your feet can stay safe from offensive smells and fungi infections. Shoes with leather or nylon tops rebellious to abrasion are perfect for assisting protect your feet from shock.
Also, take a close look at the outsoles, and ensure that they would provide the proper grip on surfaces to prevent you from slipping. Rubber soles offer superb traction than soles constructed from other materials; guarantee that the shoes you get are slip-resistant.
The Shoe’s Design
Shoes for security guards come in various designs. With the right strategy, your feet can get adequate protection from impacts. They should be sturdy and have sufficient space for the feet. One of the famous choices is composite toes, as they can withstand stress, even in high-risk situations.
For superb support, you should mark out for tactical boots that would support you as you walk or run down the stairs or other intricate terrains. These shoes can help keep your ankles and ensure they don’t get hurt while doing your job. Please do not neglect your tendons; straining them can cause severe injury and make you small and effective.
Thus, try to get the top arch support shoes to provide full support throughout the long work times. Also, look out for shoes with fantastic supportive features like those having limbs, blocking dirt and stones from entering the boots.
As a security guard, you work throughout all seasons and across various environments. Your job does not care if the weather is faulty or not and if the area is wet. Soggy footwear can be the most dangerous thing for security officers. It can stop them from going all out to do their duties. Thus, it would be helpful if you think of getting footwear that is resistant to water. This water-resistant feature of the boots would help stop water from getting to your feet and keeping your discomfort.
The footwear’ cost is one of the important factors to see out for, as you wouldn’t want to get footwear above your budget. Also, try not to get those that are very law, as they often come in lower quality. It would be best that the boots you get are long-lasting and can serve their target effectively. Thus, you should get those that are of high quality and affordable.
Benefits Of The Best Shoes For Security Guards
Getting any of the boots recorded as ‘the fittest boots for security guards in this article will come with significant advantages, such as:
Let Your Body Recover And Avoid All Pain!
With massively demanding jobs, security guards have to stand on their feet or walk around solid surfaces for most of their work times, which tend to last 8 to 10 hours.
It puts a lot of strain on their feet and generates all sorts of pain. Luckily, the best boots for security guards have useful ergonomic features that let their feet rest and recover, even if they have to work in those types of conditions.
Keep You And Your Feet Safe
Suppose you want to avoid getting injured. You’ll love any one of the boots reviewed in this article, as the majority come with protective features to prevent injuries or slips that might lead to you getting hurt.
What Are The Recommended Heights For The Best Shoes For Security Guards?
The height of the boots is an own choice. One rule applies here, the higher the peak, the more protection at the expense of comfort and flexibility.
Therefore, I suggest security guards taking boots with 6 or 8 inches shafts. It’s the best way to ensure both protection, ankle stability, and comfort.
What Lacing System Is Best For The Best Shoes For Security Guards?
It is another answer that mainly relies on preference.
When getting boots with a speed lacing system, you’ll be getting laces that have close to void friction at the cost of a higher price. On the other hand, if you get tactical boots with a conventional lacing system, you’ll get places that are a bit cheaper but not as durable or convenient.
How Do I Take Care Of The Boots?
Getting care for a boot is an art that you learn over years. Luckily for you, if you follow my following guide, you’ll have a simple step-by-step process that will let you maintain your boots in an “as new” condition for years to come.
Make sure to wash the boots with a wet cloth. Remove all the dirt. Repeat this step several times until the boot is perfectly clean.
Let the boots dry in a hot and dry atmosphere. Once they are dry, apply a thin layer of conditioner (if they make leather, use leather conditioner). And massage the paste into the boots’ material with a clean tissue until it is gone.
Again, let the boots dry for 2 to 4 hours until they are dehydrated, and voila! Your boots look as good as new!
Finally, we can say that if you are a security guard or an agency that recruits guards, our list of the best shoes for security guards will quench your thirst. If you want to buy high-quality security guard boots, you can buy anyone from here.
FAQs For Best Boots For Security Guard
Which safety boots are most comfortable?
There are ten recommendations below for the best and most comfortable boot — so there’s one to suit every budget.
- Dewalt Titanium. (Our Most suitable For The Greatest Steel Toe Cap Boots For Comfort. )
- Scruffs Switchback.
- DeWalt Apprentice.
- Scruffs OXIDE.
- Dickies Hiker.
- Apache Safety Boots.
- CAT Holton.
- Scruffs Twister.
What are the best boots for standing all day?
Most Comfortable Work Boots – Comparison Chart
- Skechers Relaxed Fit – Dorton Boot
- Best for Standing All Day
- Timberland PRO Hyperion Work Boot
- Best for Sore Feet
- WOLVERINE Men’s Overpass Composite Toe Waterproof Boot
- Best Composite Toe Work Boots
Which Is Best Low Top Work Boots?
- Magnum Panther 8.0 Side Zip Boots.
- Kombat UK Patrol Boot.
- Magnum Centurion 8.0 Side Zip Boot.
- Magnum Viper Pro 8.0 Leather Waterproof Boots.
- Magnum Classic Boots.
- Magnum Elite 2 Leather Waterproof Boot.
- Magnum Panther 8.0 Boots.
- Grafters Stealth Boot 6inch – M497A.
What are the most comfortable steel toe boots?
Most Comfortable Steel Toe Boots for Standing All-Day
- American Heritage – Moc Toe Maxwear Wedge 6″
- American Heritage Plain Toe Maxwear Wedge 8″
- American Heritage Pull-on Wellington 11″
- Soft Streets Series Pull-on Wellington 10″